As a restaurant owner, you know how important it is to maintain a strong online presence. But have you ever considered the impact that customer reviews can have on your sales and customers? In today's digital age, customer reviews are a crucial part of any business strategy and can make or break your restaurant. Here's why your customer reviews drive revenue and why you should take them seriously.
- 90% of Customers Read Reviews Before Dining
According to recent studies, 90% of customers search for and read reviews before deciding on a restaurant. Momos data shows that the more reviews a business has, the more search it will receive, with an increase of 6.5% per review This means that the more positive reviews you have, the more likely customers will find your restaurant without having to pay for ads. The restaurant industry is competitive; diners use reviews as the main factor in choosing where to eat.
- Positive Reviews Significantly Increase Your Sales
The impact of customer reviews on search algorithms is significant and can directly impact restaurant sales and online visibility. With every new review, your online presence can reach an additional 1000 people. As much as 31% of diners are willing to pay more for a restaurant that has received positive reviews, while 22% will avoid dining at a restaurant that has received a negative review.
- Responding Programmatically to Customer Feedback Leads to Repeat Customers
Responding to customer feedback is a crucial aspect of maintaining brand reputation and growing your business. A recent study revealed that 70% of consumers are more likely to revisit a restaurant that responds to their reviews. Quick and consistent responses are equally important, as 33% of customers are more likely to improve their review if a business responds within a day, which turns 1 star reviews to 5 stars, significantly impacting your overall rating. Additionally, business that respond to customer reviews can expect an increase in sales, with an expected additional 5 orders per review reply posted on Google,
The 6-step Guide to Boosting your Reviews to Grow Revenue
So what can you do to boost your customer reviews and grow sales? ? Here are a few simple steps you can take to succeed:
- Respond to all customer feedback within 24 hours. The best performing restaurants have a 24 hour SLA in responding to reviews. By responding to reviews, both positive and negative, you show your customers that you're listening and that you care. This increases customer loyalty, improves your online visibility and maintains your overall reputation. Momos makes this easy with our unified inbox, collaboration tools, and AI based recommendations.
- Use Custom surveys to gather more positive reviews. In-store and online surveys are great ways to reach out to customers and ask for their feedback. This not only helps you get more reviews, but it also provides valuable feedback into what your customers love (and what they don't). Momos makes this easy with our QR Code Kit for in-store feedback, and online surveys for everywhere else.
- Take action on negative feedback. If you receive negative reviews, it’s important to address the issues ASAP. With Momos, you can respond to unhappy customers directly, and take negative feedback offline to work on fixing the problem. For restaurants with multiple locations, it can be difficult to maintain high quality standards across all of them. Momos helps you pinpoint issues to a specific location and time, so you can quickly resolve any problems. By responding to negative feedback, you show your customers that you care about their experience and are dedicated to making improvements.
- Treat all customer interactions equally. Your online and offline channels are all important; you should never miss an opportunity to connect with a diner, whether on Google, Facebook, Yelp, In-Store, or delivery platforms. Momos makes this simple with Unified Inbox. So you'll never miss a DM, review, or an email ever again.
- Win back your unhappy customers. Unhappy customers now are just customers who are waiting to be delighted. By fixing their complaints, you create a repeat customer, fix a negative review, and grow your brand affinity. With Momos’ Winback, you can follow up with unhappy customers privately, and drive their new visit with a customer campaign or offer, improving customer satisfaction and driving new sales.
- If you don’t have time, Simplify and Automate. Use automation to save time. The majority of customer interactions can be responded with a “Glad you loved it, see you next time” Automating your responses to positive reviews and generic questions can save you a lot of time and effort. Momos automation and chatbot tools, powered by AI, makes it simple for you to respond to all your customers, regardless of your resources available.
Momos is here to help you make the most of your customer reviews. Our platform puts all of them in one place, drives positive reviews, and saves you hours of time. With features like the Location Leaderboard, AI-Based Insights, and Resolution Rate & Time Tracking, you'll have all the tools you need to keep your ratings high and your customers coming through the door.
Start taking care of your customer reviews today and see the results for yourself!
Book a Demo